Category: Blog Promotion
Competition is fierce online, and the top places on the search result pages are the most hunted for; therefore, any blog owner who tries to make money on the Internet needs to use a whole strategy to attract the best visitors and the highest traffic. The working principle for the blog optimization for search engines is the keyword. When you start the race for SEO (search engine optimization), you already have an advantage: blogs are usually the ones to receive more traffic then other complex sites due to their highly informational content. By keywords we mean those sentences or structures that a user types in the search box of an engine.
Blogs mainly rely on articles that are regularly updated and re-freshened, so that they have something new to offer all the time. Before you write the blog content, you’ll need to make a list with all the keywords related to your domain and which are most likely to be typed in the search box by Internet users. A brain-storming session is ideal to find the best structures you need to include in the articles; keep in mind that there are some rules you may have to follow here as well.
For instance, choosing some very general keywords is not the best way to promote a business via a blog given the fact that though you may receive a high traffic, the profit could remain modest. The explanation is very simple here: too broad terms attract all sorts of users, even those that are not interested in purchasing something. SEO experts use all sorts of parameters to check the profitability of a blog, and one of them deals precisely with the number of relevant users the web-page gets.
Once you manage to get the most high-in-demand keywords, you’ll still have to do a lot of work in order to keep the blog position high in traffic. The status of keywords may change from one day to the other, given the intense competition that characterizes the Internet in general; consequently, every time you update or change the site content, you need to perform a keyword analysis beforehand and see where they stand in rankings. Last but not least, there is one thing that remains the golden rule of search engine optimization: quality informational content, that should be the essence of any successful blog!
Blog marketing is a simple concept but one that many internet marketers do not fully utilize. So many people seem to believe that a person can simply start a free blog about their interests (or their niche), type a few paragraphs a month and wait for their bank balance to grow like a tree. Unfortunately, this is not the way the real world of blogging works. As with anything worthwhile, creating and maintaining a blog effectively does take some work. Here are the top 3 things that every marketer must remember about making money using blog marketing:
- Content is king: The idea that you can simply throw previously used or PLR spun content onto a blog and expect great results is wrong. Google knows when something is considered to be unique content. Therefore, the more unique your content is (and the more related it is to your niche), the better rankings you can expect.
- Consistency rules: If you create a blog, post one entry and then sit back in your recliner, you are not going to be cashing any big checks soon. You simply must do the work to keep your blog updated on a regular basis. You have to give that fresh content that Google loves on a regular basis.
- List Building: With most blogs, your goal is to create a loyal following that will want to come back and read your information over and over again. By offering them something of value (an ebook, a short report, etc.), they will be more willing to provide their contact information. This gives you a steady revenue source since you will now be able to stay in touch and send them valuable offers in the future.
Blog marketing is big business these days, and it is certainly something that can be lucrative. As with anything, blogging is something that you must be consistent with and constantly work on tweaking. In the end, however, it can prove to be a great way to make an income!
Setting up a new blog can be easy but making the blog popular and acceptable to the online users is another story. There are practically millions of blogs out there competing for attention from the user and how do you make yours stand out in the crowd? Here are ten tips to help you achieve this goal.
Tip#1: Informative Posts
Make sure you post only materials that are useful and can be put to use immediately by your readers. People are always looking for solutions to their problems and if you can give them the solution they are looking for, they will be back for more!
Tip#2: Fresh Content
Don’t go for the PLR packs and post them without making changes. They are posted all over the web and people might nave seen those same articles and would lose respect for you. It simple shows that you are too lazy to modify them before you present it your visitors.
Tip #3: Unique Information
Make your information unique and cannot be found elsewhere specially on blogs relevant to your niche. It is important that you present your visitors only with unique and relevant content that you came up with the idea yourself or an existing idea that you modified and enhanced. If you cannot deliver this, you will lose the visitors.
Tip#4: Create a Sensation
Try to create a promotion or sensation on your web such as a USD1000 reward for the one thousandth visitor, or a special link to a download for the hundredth visitor. Alternatively you can set up contests and agents on your blog that your visitors can participate in and they will come back again to see the results.
Tip#5: Subscriber Rewards
Give away frequent gifts and downloads for your loyal subscribers. This is one way to get them to join in the subscribers list. The bigger the number of subscribers you have the more success you can expect from your blogging work.
Tip#6: Visit Other Blogs
Go out and visit other blogs in your niche. Try to post friendly comments and invite the blogger and the visitors of those blogs to visit yours. If you can post enticing informative and friendly posts you can attract some of their visitors to come visit yours.
You can use humor as a way to make your visitor enjoy their visit. Nothing beats a humorous post that can gauge a good laugh from the visitors. When they feel good chances are they will return to your site and you get a loyal visitor. Be sure not to use offensive jokes though and always so for the safer side when you are unsure, you don’t want to antagonize anyone in the virtual world and end up making enemies.
These are seven tips you can sue to make your blogs popular. There are many other creative ways how you can achieve this but you can start your journey by following these tips we share. It won’t be long before you have a steady stream of visitors to your site.
You have finished making your own website. You have introduced your company and presented your products and services. You have added propositions and promos to catch your target audience’s attention. You have achieved the dos and don’ts of building a company web site. But why isn’t your website a major success?
Maybe you’re not planning the key to the best promotion of your web site. Here are some guidelines on how to acquire free web site promotions for your company’s success.
If you have started to promote your web site, keep it constant. If you promote your site with persistence, it will catch your audience’s attention.
Be patient. Try each method in promotion until you acquire the best, free promotion there is. You have to accept trial and error for your web site to reach the top.
There are many ways for your web site to be seen. Here are some free web site promotions you could try until you find the most effective.
*Free promotions such as search engines and directories would give your web site the deserved traffic you always wanted. Make sure to check your web site’s ranking to know whether or not this type of free promotion is right for you.
*Make a deal with other web sites on trading links which could help both web sites. Make sure to use words that could easily interest the audience.
*Find free classified ads that could boost the promotion of your web site. These ads could be seen by other people who you are not targeting for, but may as well be interested in your services.
*Free and low-cost internet banners are spread all through out the World Wide Web. Banners that pop-up at the top of a page or in a separate window would automatically catch your target audience’s attention.
If your web site and its free promotion did not work even after accomplishing these methods, analyze your web site. Track down all visitors, advertisements, and transactions. Then locate errors in your web site. Upload new files to your web site continuously for audience to return for new products and services. Monitor your own web site if it’s up in the market or down.
Then be ready to try the methods again and surely it will work.
It has always been said that the best things in life are free. Yes they are. And as soon as your free web site promotion proves to the audience its worth, then you’ll believe it’s true.
About the Author
More information about online marketing is available at marketing online
How to Acquire Free Web Site Promotion
Like many important people before you – perhaps you’ve underestimated the power of blogging. Blogs can be used, not only as the single easiest way to get a listing in the search engine for your desired keywords, but also serve the fantastic purpose if building a relationship with your quickly growing list of readers, listeners and viewers.
After a light lunch today, I was left in the greatest mood. So I figured I would sit down and share with you 10 ways you can share my success and popularity using blogs.
1. Use a keyword specific blog title and description. When creating your blog, I just used the free service www.blogger.com you’re asked to title or name your blog and give a short description. Take this chance to think a little.
a) Who do you want to read your blog?
b) What is your interest or topic – what will you enjoy writing about?
If you have a poetry blog for example – use the word poet or poetry in your title and description. You can research the popularity of your keywords use Overture’s free tool here: http://inventory.overture.com
2. Try to update often (short daily entries work great) using hand written or bot generated keyword rich informative content. Give your visitors something they want to read. I love to write so I create all my original posts, but if you have a site that needs traffic or a topic that you don’t know much about you can set up an automatically updating feed using other people’s blog posts, or articles. Each entry is seen as its own html page, so the engines see your blog as a multi-paged site, that is updated regularly and rich in links and keywords.
3. Create an interesting profile. Searchers and fellow bloggers love the fact you’re a real person, this helps to build personal relationships. Again, put a little time and effort into this one. Tons of people peek at your profile, and Blogger.com keeps track of all your views, so open up and share a little. Everything on your profile page is taken as a searchable keyword. Things like: what you like to do, your favorite movies and music, etc. Each one will get you listed under that topic in the blogger.com directory.
4. One way to jump right in and get visitors and feedback immediately is by posting to similar blogs and linking back to your blog. Say you have a poetry blog: you can use Blogger’s search tool and your keyword – in this case “poetry” or “poet.” (Another way to get a quick high listing is to search Google for example “poetry blog.”)
You can post a comment on their blog, just a short personal remark will do. Keep it polite, no one wants to hear negative criticism. Blogs are more personal than chartrooms or forums, and often contain personal views and opinions of the author, so don’t go stepping on toes. The point is to make contact, build relationships, and exchange links. More links to your blog equals more free targeted traffic for you.
5. RSS is your friend! Create an RSS feed, by hand or using Feedburner. This gives your readers the option to subscribe to your blog with just a click. What this means to you is 100% deliverability of all the content you write by the readers request – your posts are sent directly to your subscribers via their RSS reader otherwise known as an aggregator. They are personally notified every time you post to your blog. And best of all, no spam complaints ever, and they get every update you make – no blockers or filters. Total word freedom!
6. Spread your feed by submitting to RSS directories. This is a one time deal, and you can either search and do it manually or use the tool I used: RSS Automator (it finds and submits to tons of different directories for you).
Only submit each blog once. This is a lasting deal that could mess up your good standing if you do it multiple times. So to be sure you get a listing, only submit to directories once. (This is not the same thing as pinging; you can ping every time you update your blog.)
7. Ping your blog every time you update using pinging services like pingomatic.com and pingoat.com. This lets the directories know you have updated and added a new post to your blog.
8. Create a personalized or branded RSS reader/aggregator. Talk about top of mind awareness. You don’t have to be a programming genius for this one (though it helps.) There are a couple services that for a small one time fee will customize a reader for you, with your logo, header and graphics, and preload it with any media you want. So with this you’re sure to be seen and remembered every day. Check out one of the best services here: http://www.tristana.org/publishers/specs
9. People love to read you, but hearing you is even better. Give Podcasting a try – there are tons of ways to get started here. I would personally recommend http://www.Libsyn.com for all your Podcasting needs. It uploads, stores, hosts, and sets up the RSS and pings for you. Like Podcasting for dummies. Then just submit your podcast to different directories and readers like Apple iTunes, and ipodder.org.
10. Radio is great but now you can create a following by imitating the idiot box. Give your subscribers another way to obsess using Video-meets-Blogging or “The Vlog.” This is a medium that is far from saturated. The possibilities are endless, and you’re only limited to what you limit yourself. Though it has not been promoted too widely, the new Apple iTunes Podcasting feature supports Vlog subscriptions as well.
About the Author
Skye Mangrum is the author of RSS for Artists, Bloggers, Podcasters, Vloggers,and Ninjas. Learn all about Skye and her unique uses for today’smodern technology by sending a blank email to: NetNinja@Aweber.com
Top 10 Ways to Get Awesome Web Traffic Using Blogs