Tag: blog traffic
Setting up a blog is one thing but then you need to try and get visitors to find your blog. There are hundreds, even thousands, of blogs out there so how do you get your blog seen above all the others?
There are a few different options for driving traffic to a blog and here are my top five tips:
1. Ping your posts. Every time that you add a post to your blog you can ‘ping’ it and this lets the search engines know that you have just added a new post to your blog. The search engine spiders will then visit your site to check your new content and then index those pages. This will help your blog to show up in the search engines when someone searches for your keywords.
2. Social bookmarking. There are a lot of social bookmarking sites around now and these can be a great way to build backlinks to your site and also drive traffic to your site. Sites like Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon, Technorati and more are a bloggers best friend for helping to promote your blog.
3. Comment on other blogs. Search the internet and find other blogs in your niche and leave comments on those blogs with a link back to your site. You should pick up some traffic direct from those blogs as well as build up the number of backlinks to your blog.
4. Join a forum. Most niches will have forums for people to join and interact with other people in that niche, so find a forum or two and sign up. Then you can add a link to your blog in your signature and every time that you make a post on the forum you will build another link back to your blog.
5. Do some article marketing. Article marketing is a great way to promote your blog and build backlinks. This is a very effective method for driving traffic and is used successfully by many Internet Marketers to build up their business.
These are five very simple ways to drive traffic to your blog and these are all completely free methods. So get started today and you will soon see many more visitors to your blog.