Tag: blogging tips
There are thousands and thousands of people worldwide that are blogging. It has become extremely popular with both young and old as a way to record your thoughts, experiences and feelings.
People blog about all sorts of topics like weight loss, fitness, family life, pets, sports or business. Whatever topic you are interested in you are quite likely to find many blogs about it on the internet. Some bloggers have become very successful with their blogs and have hundreds of people subscribe to their blog to read new information as it is added.
If you are interested in blogging then here are five tips on how you can become a successful blogger.
1. Choose a niche that you are passionate about. If you choose a niche for your blog that you are not passionate about then you will lose interest in it very quickly. When you choose a niche that you are passionate about and enjoy writing about then you will continue to be motivated about your blog and continue adding interesting and valuable content for your readers to read.
2. Give your readers valuable information. Visitors to your blog will want to come back and read more if the information you are giving them is valuable and interesting. Visitors are often looking for helpful information or information that can change their lives and if you can offer them that then they are more likely to keep returning to read your blog.
3. Update your blog regularly as this keeps your readers coming back. If you are consistent with how often you update your blog then your visitors will know when to come back and look for new information. Adding regular content will help your blog to grow and gain more visitors as well as giving your visitors more information to read.
4. Keep your blog sensible and use manners. Many people are quickly turned away, never to return, if they find that you are constantly using bad language or bad mouthing people. Have a good, sensible blog and remember your manners will give you a good number of followers who will enjoy reading what you have to say.
5. Build a relationship with your readers. When visitors leave comments on your blog posts try to reply to each one of them. You will gain more loyal visitors if you can connect to them on a personal level and make them feel a connection with you.
These are just five simple steps that can help you have a very successful blog. If you can persist with your blog and update it regularly with good content and build that connection with your readers then you will achieve your goal of being a successful blogger.
Setting up a blog is one thing but then you need to try and get visitors to find your blog. There are hundreds, even thousands, of blogs out there so how do you get your blog seen above all the others?
There are a few different options for driving traffic to a blog and here are my top five tips:
1. Ping your posts. Every time that you add a post to your blog you can ‘ping’ it and this lets the search engines know that you have just added a new post to your blog. The search engine spiders will then visit your site to check your new content and then index those pages. This will help your blog to show up in the search engines when someone searches for your keywords.
2. Social bookmarking. There are a lot of social bookmarking sites around now and these can be a great way to build backlinks to your site and also drive traffic to your site. Sites like Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon, Technorati and more are a bloggers best friend for helping to promote your blog.
3. Comment on other blogs. Search the internet and find other blogs in your niche and leave comments on those blogs with a link back to your site. You should pick up some traffic direct from those blogs as well as build up the number of backlinks to your blog.
4. Join a forum. Most niches will have forums for people to join and interact with other people in that niche, so find a forum or two and sign up. Then you can add a link to your blog in your signature and every time that you make a post on the forum you will build another link back to your blog.
5. Do some article marketing. Article marketing is a great way to promote your blog and build backlinks. This is a very effective method for driving traffic and is used successfully by many Internet Marketers to build up their business.
These are five very simple ways to drive traffic to your blog and these are all completely free methods. So get started today and you will soon see many more visitors to your blog.